Michael Zerafah offers to intervene as Spencer threatens to get out of Tweet’s fight


Michael Zerafah threw his hat into the ring a few days before Tim Ziu’s scheduled return and offered to replace Joey Spencer if the Americans leave due to a review dispute.

Spencer’s team is furious after learning that all three appointed judges in Sunday’s main event will become Australians. Now Zerafah said Fox Sports Australia If the battle collapses, he is ready to dive in.

“There’s a realization that everything goes down Tim’s path.” Zeerafa said.
“If Joey Spencer and his team decide that the jury situation is unfair and not moving forward, I will stomp on whether it’s a five-day notice, or just one, or the opportunity to settle an unfinished business.

An unfinished business refers to a discarded 2021 clash that Zerafah withdraws during the blockade of the community. The move sparked intense criticism, but the Melbourne fighter later rebuilt his reputation and fought with Tweet’s undercard in Las Vegas last year. Now, under extreme circumstances, he is paying attention to the opportunity to finally put Tszyu in the ring.


Judgment Bombs shake up Tsusey Spencer Fight Week

Joey Spencer’s camp is blinded to the sudden, unexpected change in the judging lineup for Sunday’s fight with Tim Tweet, and will talk about the possibility of withdrawal just days before the match.

said Jason Spencer, Spencer’s father and trainer. Fox Sports Australia They were originally guaranteed a judgement board consisting of Australians and two international officials. Instead, they discovered this week that all three judges would become locals.

“When we were offered this fight 10 weeks ago, we were promised a neutral judge.” He said.
“Now, we’re told that all three judges are Australians for just a few days. That’s not a deal. And it should be said in the week of the fight. It’s completely professional.”

Jason quickly said that no one was accusing the misconduct, but the concerns are clear. Even the appearance of home country biases in close combat can unfairly shake up the outcome.

“The review doesn’t have to be corrupted because it’s unfair.” He explained.
“What you need is to unconsciously prefer a certain style or watch one fighter more than the other fighter.


Spencer Camp requires Twee to be fair

What exacerbates the controversy, according to Spencer, is that Tim Tsey accepted a neutral judge in his previous world title fight with Tony Harrison and Brian Mendoza.

“Why change that now?” Jason asked.
“Does Tim Tsey want a fair fight?”

Currently, Tszyu remains scheduled to face Spencer at the 11am AEDT on Sunday, April 6th, and is competing in the main event via Kayo Sports. However, Spencer’s team may leave unless the screening situation is resolved.

And if that happens, Michael Zerafah says he will be waiting with gloves on.

Last updated on 04/01/2025

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *